Zenobius Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Zenobius
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zenobius
- Comments and insights on the name Zenobius: | Edit
My friend's eldest is named Zenobius, but we always call him Zeno. He's about 7.
- Personal experiences with the name Zenobius: | Edit
My friend's eldest child is named Zenobius.
- Nicknames for Zenobius: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Zenobius: | Edit
Greek name, and the meaning of Zenobius is "life of Zeus". Zenobius is an alternate form of Zenobios (Greek).
- Famous real-life people named Zenobius: | Edit
Saint Zenobius of Florence, venerated as the first Bishop of Florence. His feast day is May 25.
Zenobius is also said to have been the author of a Greek translation of the Latin prose author Sallust, which has been lost, and of a birthday poem on the emperor Hadrian.
- Zenobius in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sandro Botticelli depicted the life and work of Saint Zenobius in four paintings.