Alfons Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alfonso:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alfons? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alfons
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alfons
- Comments and insights on the name Alfons
- Personal experiences with the name Alfons
- Nicknames for Alfons
- Meanings and history of the name Alfons
- Famous real-life people named Alfons
- Alfons in song, story & screen