Brayan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brian:
Irish name of uncertain etymology. It is generally thought to be of Celtic origin, but its meaning is disputed. Some believe it to be derived from the root bri (force, strength), brîgh (valor, strength), or bruaich (a hill, steep, high). The name was introduced to different parts of England in the Middle Ages by Scandinavians from Ireland and by Bretons from Brittany. Var: Brien, Bryan. Short: Bri.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brayan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brayan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brayan
- Comments and insights on the name Brayan
variant spelling of Brian used in Spanish
- Personal experiences with the name Brayan
- Nicknames for Brayan
- Meanings and history of the name Brayan
- Famous real-life people named Brayan
- Brayan in song, story & screen