Calum Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Callum:
Borrowed from the Scottish, Calum is a Gaelic form of the Latin Columba (dove). Var: Callum, Kallum. Short: Cal, Kal.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Calum? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Calum
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Ireland, 2010
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Calum
- Comments and insights on the name Calum
- Personal experiences with the name Calum
- Nicknames for Calum
- Meanings and history of the name Calum
"Dove" or "Messenger of peace"
- Famous real-life people named Calum
Calum Hood is an Australian bassist and singer from the band 5 Seconds of Summer
Calum Waldegrave is an Australian guitarist for the band Vices
Calum Chambers, English professional footballer, plays as a defender for Arsenal FC
Calum Von Moger is a professional body builder and actor who portrays Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Calum in song, story & screen
Calum Buchanan from All Creatures Great and Small (book and t.v. series). He was a Scottish vet with a love of wildlife.