Dale Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dale:
Transferred use of the Irish surname which is from the Gaelic O'Dálaigh (descendant of Dálach). Dálach is derived from dáil (assembly, gathering). Var: Daly.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dale? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dale
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dale
- Comments and insights on the name Dale
- Personal experiences with the name Dale
- Nicknames for Dale
- Meanings and history of the name Dale
- Famous real-life people named Dale
Dale Robertson, actor (1923 - )
Dale Earnhardt, race car driver (1951-2001)
Dale Winton, British television presenter
Dale Carnegie, author (1888-1955)
Dayl Cronin, member of Irish boyband HomeTown
- Dale in song, story & screen