Emrys Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ambrose:
From the Greek Ambrosios, a name derived from ambrosios (immortal).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emrys? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emrys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emrys
- Comments and insights on the name Emrys
Emrys is the Welsh version of Ambrose, and is pronounced EM-riss.
- Personal experiences with the name Emrys
- Nicknames for Emrys
- Meanings and history of the name Emrys
Emrys is a Welsh male name and means Immortal.
- Famous real-life people named Emrys
Emrys James (Welsh Shakespearean actor)
- Emrys in song, story & screen
Myrddin Emrys Ambrosius, better known as Merlin