Eryk Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eric:
Derived from the Old Norse Eirìkr, a compounding of the elements ei (ever, always) and ríkr (ruler): hence, “eternal ruler.” Var: Aric, Erick, Erik, Irricc.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eryk? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eryk
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eryk
- Comments and insights on the name Eryk
- Personal experiences with the name Eryk
- Nicknames for Eryk
- Meanings and history of the name Eryk
Polish variation of Eric
- Famous real-life people named Eryk
Eryk Żelazny, Polish runner
Eryk Lipiński (1908-1991), Polish artist
Eryk Kubicki, Polish footballer (soccer-player)
Eryk Casemiro, producer of children's tv programs, e.g. 'Rugrats' and "Olivia"
- Eryk in song, story & screen