Etan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ethan:
An Ecclesiastic Late Latin name derived from the Hebrew ēthān (strength, firmness, long-lived). The name is borne in the Bible by a very wise man whom Solomon surpassed in wisdom. Var: Ethen.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Etan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Etan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Etan
- Comments and insights on the name Etan
- Personal experiences with the name Etan
- Nicknames for Etan
- Meanings and history of the name Etan
- Famous real-life people named Etan
Etan Cohen, Israeli movie writer-producer
Etan Patz, 6 year old who disappeared from New York City in 1979. His was the first missing child's face placed on milk cartons.
- Etan in song, story & screen