Gunner Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gunner:
Derived from the Old Norse Gunnarr, which is from the word gunnr (war, strife, battle). The name Gunnar was borne by several interesting characters in Norse mythology, one of whom was the son of Giuki and Grimhild. He was the brother of Gudrun and the husband of Brynhild.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gunner? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gunner
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gunner
- Comments and insights on the name Gunner
- Personal experiences with the name Gunner
- Nicknames for Gunner
- Meanings and history of the name Gunner
- Famous real-life people named Gunner
Brandon Flowers (Killers frontman) son, born 2009
- Gunner in song, story & screen