Holt Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Holt? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Holt
Contribute your knowledge to the name Holt
- Comments and insights on the name Holt
- Personal experiences with the name Holt
- Nicknames for Holt
- Meanings and history of the name Holt
a den or an area of woodland
Holt Collier was a former Mississippi slave who rounded up a wounded bear for President Teddy Roosevelt. The President's famous refusal to shoot the tied up animal resulted in the historic "Teddy Bear" marketing scheme.
Holt Collier was a veteran of the Civil War, a one-time cowboy, and known for killing more than 3,000 bears. There is now a Wildlife Refuge in Mississippi named in his honor.
- Famous real-life people named Holt
- Holt in song, story & screen