Jay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Jay:
Originally a pet form of any of the names beginning with the letter J. It is now usually bestowed as an independent given name.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jay? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jay
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland 2014
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland for 2012
- Irish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Northern Ireland for 2012
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jay
- Comments and insights on the name Jay
- Personal experiences with the name Jay
- Nicknames for Jay
Jay, Jaybird, Jay man, JJ
- Meanings and history of the name Jay
- Famous real-life people named Jay
James ‘Jay’ Leno, talk show host
Jay Kim, South Korean lead dancer and main vocalist of South Korean pop boy group iKON
Jay B, aka PhineasBg (b. 1971) American Star Trek fan in the State of Georgia, creator of The Captain Kirk Page website, www.thecaptainkirkpage.com
- Jay in song, story & screen
Jay "The Great" Gatsby (upwardly mobile for James Gatz)
Jay Derris from Clerks, Clerks II, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Jay Walker from Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
Jay Limo from the Pixar franchise Cars
Jay Guthrie, Icarus from the X-Men comics
Jay, a character played by Booboo Stewart in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Descendants
Jay Pritchett, a character on ABC's Modern Family, known for his stereotypically grumpy old man attitude, and love of closets.