Luciano Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Luciano:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin name thought to be a derivative of Lucius, which is from the root lux (light). Alternatively, some believe the name is derived from the Ecclesiastic Greek Loukas, a contraction of Loukanos (man from Lucania).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Luciano? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Luciano
Contribute your knowledge to the name Luciano
- Comments and insights on the name Luciano
- Personal experiences with the name Luciano
- Nicknames for Luciano
Luke, Lou, or Ceno
- Meanings and history of the name Luciano
- Famous real-life people named Luciano
Luciano Pavarotti (b. 1935 - d. 2007)Italian tenor
Luciano D'Alessandro (b. 1977) Venezuelan actor
- Luciano in song, story & screen
2P! North Italy from Hetalia.