Maciej Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maciej? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maciej
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maciej
- Comments and insights on the name Maciej
- Personal experiences with the name Maciej
- Nicknames for Maciej
- Meanings and history of the name Maciej
Maciej is the Polish form of Matthew.
- Famous real-life people named Maciej
- Maciej in song, story & screen