Mackendrick Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kendrick:
Transferred use of the surname, which has several different roots. It is derived from the Old Welsh Cynwrig, an obsolete compound name composed of the elements cyn (high, chief) and gwr, wr (hero, man), or of cyn (high, chief) and wrig (hill, summit). As a Scottish surname, it is a short form of MacKendrick and MacKenrick, from the Gaelic MacEanraig (son of Henry). The English surname and its variant forms are derived from the Old English Cynerīc, a compounding of the elements cyne (royal) and rīc (power, rule). Var: Kenrick.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mackendrick? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mackendrick
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mackendrick
- Comments and insights on the name Mackendrick
- Personal experiences with the name Mackendrick
- Nicknames for Mackendrick
Ken, Kenny, Mack, Mickey
- Meanings and history of the name Mackendrick
Son of Henry
- Famous real-life people named Mackendrick
- Mackendrick in song, story & screen