Mateusz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Mateusz? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Mateusz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Mateusz
- Comments and insights on the name Mateusz
- Personal experiences with the name Mateusz
- Nicknames for Mateusz
- Meanings and history of the name Mateusz
- Famous real-life people named Mateusz
- Mateusz in song, story & screen