Moises Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Moises:
A cognate of Moses, an Ecclesiastic Greek name derived from the Hebrew Moshe, which is from mōsheh (drawn out, drawn out of the water) and the Egyptian mes, mesu (son, child).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Moises? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Moises
Contribute your knowledge to the name Moises
- Comments and insights on the name Moises
- Personal experiences with the name Moises
- Nicknames for Moises
- Meanings and history of the name Moises
- Famous real-life people named Moises
Moisés Alou, Dominican-American baseball outfielder.
Moisés Arias, American Actor (Hannah Montana.)
- Moises in song, story & screen