Morton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Morton:
Transferred use of the surname arising from a place-name derived from the Old English elements mor (a moor, a wasteland) and tūn (town, settlement, village, enclosure): hence, "from the settlement by the moor."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Morton? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Morton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Morton
- Comments and insights on the name Morton
- Personal experiences with the name Morton
- Nicknames for Morton
- Meanings and history of the name Morton
- Famous real-life people named Morton
- Morton in song, story & screen