Nestor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nestor:
Derived from the Greek nēstor (the one going or departing).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nestor? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nestor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nestor
- Comments and insights on the name Nestor
- Personal experiences with the name Nestor
- Nicknames for Nestor
- Meanings and history of the name Nestor
In Greek mythology, Nestor was an Argonaut. He became King of Pylos after Heracles killed Nestor's family.
- Famous real-life people named Nestor
Nestor Carbonell, an American actor best known for playing the character Richard on "Lost".
Nestor Kirchner, former President of Argentina.
- Nestor in song, story & screen
Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey