Nikola Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nicholas:
From the Latin Nicolaus, a derivative of the Greek Nikolaos (victory of the people), a compound name composed of the elements nikē (victory) and laos (the people). The name was borne by St. Nicholas, a 4th-century bishop of Myra who is regarded as the patron saint of Russia and Greece, and of children, sailors, and wolves.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nikola? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nikola
- Bulgarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Bulgaria 2014
- Bulgarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Bulgaria 2010
- Serbian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Serbia
- Bulgarian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Bulgaria
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nikola
- Comments and insights on the name Nikola
- Personal experiences with the name Nikola
- Nicknames for Nikola
- Meanings and history of the name Nikola
Nikola Tesla was an inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electrical supply system
- Famous real-life people named Nikola
- Nikola in song, story & screen
Nikola Tesla was one of the First Five on the TV show Sanctuary on the SyFy channel.