Nolan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Nolan:
Transferred use of the Irish surname derived from the Gaelic O'Nualláin (descendant of Nuallan), which is from nuall (shout).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Nolan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Nolan
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec) 2014
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders), 2010
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland (French), 2010
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec) for 2012
- French Boys Names: Most Popular Boys Names in France
- Canadian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Canada (Quebec)
- Swiss Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Switzerland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Nolan
- Comments and insights on the name Nolan
- Personal experiences with the name Nolan
- Nicknames for Nolan
- Meanings and history of the name Nolan
Champion (Irish, Gaelic)
- Famous real-life people named Nolan
Nolan Ryan (baseball player)
Nolan Bushnell (founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese)
Nolan North (actor, and voice actor for the leading characters in video games such as Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, Batman: Arkham City, and many more)
Nolan Gould (actor, plays Luke Dunphy on Modern Family)
Christopher Nolan (director/producer/writer of movies such as Following, Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception, and The Dark Knight Rises)
Nolan Patrick, professional hockey player (Philadelphia Flyers)
- Nolan in song, story & screen
The Nolan Family of A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
Nolan Ross, character in the TV show "Revenge"
Nolan Cook, male protagonist in The Chance - novel by Karen Kingsbury