Ozzy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Oscar:
derived from a Norman baronial name taken from a French place-name meaning "golden city." Others think it is merely an invention of the novelist Fanny Burney, who used it for the hero in her novel Evelina (1778).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Ozzy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ozzy
- Comments and insights on the name Ozzy
- Personal experiences with the name Ozzy
- Nicknames for Ozzy
- Meanings and history of the name Ozzy
- Famous real-life people named Ozzy
Ozzy Osbourne - rock musician / celebrity
Ozzy Lusth - appeared on Survivor
- Ozzy in song, story & screen
Nickname for Osmosis Jones, an animated character who is a white blood cell