Piotr Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Peter:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Petrus and the Greek Petros, names derived from petra (a rock) and petros (a stone). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Peter is considered to have been the first pope and cofounder of the Christian Church with Paul.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Piotr? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Piotr
Contribute your knowledge to the name Piotr
- Comments and insights on the name Piotr
- Personal experiences with the name Piotr
- Nicknames for Piotr
- Meanings and history of the name Piotr
- Famous real-life people named Piotr
- Piotr in song, story & screen
Piotr Rasputin, the secret identity of the superhero Colossus in the Marvel Comics