Ramon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ramon:
Spanish cognate of Raymond, from the Old Norman French Raimund (wise protection), which is derived from the Germanic Raginmund, a compound name composed of the elements ragin (advice, judgment, counsel) and mund (hand, protection).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ramon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ramon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ramon
- Comments and insights on the name Ramon
- Personal experiences with the name Ramon
- Nicknames for Ramon
Monchito Ray, Ramoncín, Ramonchu, Moncho, Monchu, Mon
- Meanings and history of the name Ramon
- Famous real-life people named Ramon
Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez aka Daddy Yankee, Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, rapper, & record producer
- Ramon in song, story & screen