Samu Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samuel:
The Ecclesiastic Late Latin form of the Ecclesiastic Greek Samouel, which is from the Hebrew Shmuel, a name derived from shěmū’ē‘l (name of God, his name is God). Var: Sam. Pet: Sammy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Samu? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Samu
Contribute your knowledge to the name Samu
- Comments and insights on the name Samu
- Personal experiences with the name Samu
- Nicknames for Samu
- Meanings and history of the name Samu
- Famous real-life people named Samu
- Samu in song, story & screen