Thompson Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Thomas:
Derived from the Aramaic tē’ōma (a twin). The name is borne in the Bible by an apostle who doubted the resurrection of Christ. It is from him that the label "Doubting Thomas" came. Var: Thomass, Tomas. Short: Thom, Tom. Pet: Tommy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Thompson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Thompson
Contribute your knowledge to the name Thompson
- Comments and insights on the name Thompson
- Personal experiences with the name Thompson
- Nicknames for Thompson
- Meanings and history of the name Thompson
Meaning: Son of Thomas
- Famous real-life people named Thompson
- Thompson in song, story & screen