Thorstein Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dustin:
Transferred use of the surname, which is of uncertain origin. Some believe it to be an altered form of Thurston, which is derived from the Old Norse Thorstein (Thor’s stone). Pet: Dusty.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Thorstein? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Thorstein
Contribute your knowledge to the name Thorstein
- Comments and insights on the name Thorstein
- Personal experiences with the name Thorstein
- Nicknames for Thorstein
- Meanings and history of the name Thorstein
From the Old Norse name Þórsteinn, which meant "Thor's stone."
- Famous real-life people named Thorstein
Thorstein Eríksson, youngest son of Erik the Red.
Thorstein the Red, viking chieftain in late 9th-century Scotland.
Thorstein Veblen, Norwegian-American sociologist and economist, b. Wisconsin 1857
- Thorstein in song, story & screen