Timofey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Timothy:
Derived from the Greek timē (honor, respect) and theos (God): hence, "honoring God." The name is borne in the Bible by a young disciple and companion of Paul, to whom Paul addressed two epistles.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Timofey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Timofey
- Comments and insights on the name Timofey
- Personal experiences with the name Timofey
- Nicknames for Timofey
- Meanings and history of the name Timofey
- Famous real-life people named Timofey
- Timofey in song, story & screen