Ulises Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ulises:
Latin cognate of the Greek Odysseus (hater), which is from the root dys (hate). Odysseus was the name of the hero of the Odyssey. The was a king of Ithaca and a Greek leader in the Trojan War.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ulises? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ulises
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ulises
- Comments and insights on the name Ulises
- Personal experiences with the name Ulises
- Nicknames for Ulises
- Meanings and history of the name Ulises
Spanish form of Ulysses.
- Famous real-life people named Ulises
Ulises Heureaux, former President of the Dominican Republic.
Ulises Dávila, Mexican footballer.
- Ulises in song, story & screen