Vanya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ivan:
A Russian name, Ivan is a cognate of John (God is gracious), which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes and the Ecclesiastic Greek Iōannes, derivatives of the Hebrew yōhānān, a contraction of yehōhānān, (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vanya? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vanya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vanya
- Comments and insights on the name Vanya
- Personal experiences with the name Vanya
- Nicknames for Vanya
- Meanings and history of the name Vanya
Diminutive of Ivan.
- Famous real-life people named Vanya
- Vanya in song, story & screen
"Uncle Vanya", a play by the Russian playwright Anton Chekhov.