Väinämöinen Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Väinämöinen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Väinämöinen
- Comments and insights on the name Väinämöinen
USAGE: Finnish Mythology
OTHER LANGUAGES: Väinö (Finnish)
- Personal experiences with the name Väinämöinen
- Nicknames for Väinämöinen
- Meanings and history of the name Väinämöinen
Väinämöinen is a wise old magician in Finnish mythology.
Derived from Finnish väinä "wide and slow-flowing river". In Finnish mythology Väinämöinen was a wise old magician, the son of the primal goddess Ilmatar. He is the hero of the Finnish epic the 'Kalevala'.
- Famous real-life people named Väinämöinen
- Väinämöinen in song, story & screen