Wystan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wystan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wystan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wystan
- Comments and insights on the name Wystan
- Personal experiences with the name Wystan
- Nicknames for Wystan
- Meanings and history of the name Wystan
From the Old English name Wigstan, composed of the elements wig "battle" and stan "stone". This was the name of a 9th-century Anglo-Saxon saint. It became rare after the Norman conquest, and in modern times it is chiefly known as the first name of the British poet W. H. Auden (1907-1973).
- Famous real-life people named Wystan
20th century poet W. H. Auden, Wystan Hugh Auden.
- Wystan in song, story & screen