Zeb Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zeb:
A short form of Zebulon, a Hebrew name believed to be derived from the Assyrian zabālu (to carry, exalt). The name is borne in the Bible by the tenth son of Jacob. He was the patriarch of the tribe bearing his name. Var: Zebulon.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zeb? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zeb
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zeb
- Comments and insights on the name Zeb
- Personal experiences with the name Zeb
- Nicknames for Zeb
- Meanings and history of the name Zeb
Nickname for the biblical names Zebediah and Zebulun.
- Famous real-life people named Zeb
- Zeb in song, story & screen
Zeb is a prominent member of the God's Gardeners in Margaret Atwood's Oryx & Crake trilogy.