Aalis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alice:
A name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aalis? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aalis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aalis
- Comments and insights on the name Aalis
Old French form of Alice
- Personal experiences with the name Aalis
- Nicknames for Aalis
- Meanings and history of the name Aalis
- Famous real-life people named Aalis
- Aalis in song, story & screen