Abegale Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Abigail:
From the Hebrew Avigayil, which is derived from avigayil (father of exaltation, father is rejoicing). The name was borne in the Bible by one of the wives of King David. Tha name also took on the meaning of "a lady's maid," due in part to its use as the name of a maid in the play The Scornful Lady, by Beaumont and Fletcher, in 1616.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Abegale? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Abegale
Contribute your knowledge to the name Abegale
- Comments and insights on the name Abegale
- Personal experiences with the name Abegale
It has been my name all my life. My parents decided to name me Abigail but weren't sure how to spell it. So, my mom got creative.
- Nicknames for Abegale
- Meanings and history of the name Abegale
- Famous real-life people named Abegale
- Abegale in song, story & screen