Adie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ada:
Pet form of Adele (noble) and Adelaide (noble one), Ada is also a Germanic cognate of the biblical Adah (adornment) and an Ibo name meaning "first-born female."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adie
- Comments and insights on the name Adie
Variant of Ada or Adrienne
- Personal experiences with the name Adie
- Nicknames for Adie
- Meanings and history of the name Adie
Pet form of Adrienne
- Famous real-life people named Adie
Adie Allen, British actress
Adie Camp, Christian singer/songwriter, married to Jeremy Camp
- Adie in song, story & screen
Adie, a fictional character in the epic fantasy series The Sword of Truth