Amalthea Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amalthea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amalthea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amalthea
- Comments and insights on the name Amalthea
- Personal experiences with the name Amalthea
- Nicknames for Amalthea
- Meanings and history of the name Amalthea
Amalthea or Amaltheia, from the Greek Ἀμάλθεια, meaning 'tender goddess.' One of the nursemaids of Zeus.
- Famous real-life people named Amalthea
- Amalthea in song, story & screen
Amalthea was the name given to the unicorn in human form in "The Last Unicorn."
One of Zeus's nursemaids in Greek mythology.