Amethyst Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amethyst? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amethyst
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amethyst
- Comments and insights on the name Amethyst
- Personal experiences with the name Amethyst
- Nicknames for Amethyst
Am, Ammie, or A. Amme or Ammy. Ame or Amy.
My friends call me Ame
- Meanings and history of the name Amethyst
A purple variety of quartz used for gems. It is the birthstone for February. It is of Greek origin meaning "not intoxicated". According to Greek legend, wearing this stone would protect the wearer from the effects of strong drugs, usually alcohol.
- Famous real-life people named Amethyst
Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea's real name is Amethyst Kelly
Amethyst Fabian, jewelry designer
- Amethyst in song, story & screen