Anastasie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Anastasia:
Feminine form of the Greek Anastasios (of the resurrection), a derivative of anastasis (resurrection). The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. However, there is some speculation that she survived the attack.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Anastasie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Anastasie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Anastasie
- Comments and insights on the name Anastasie
- Personal experiences with the name Anastasie
- Nicknames for Anastasie
Stasie(Stay-zee), Ana, Anna, Anne
- Meanings and history of the name Anastasie
The French version of Anastasia
- Famous real-life people named Anastasie
Anastasie de la Fayette (one of the daughters of the Marquis de la Fayette)
- Anastasie in song, story & screen