Ariadna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ariadne:
Derived from the elements ari (very, much) and adnos (holy). Ariadne (very holy one, devout), is a name borne in Greek mythology by King Minos' daughter, who gave a thread to Theseus, which enabled him to escape from the labyrinth.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ariadna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ariadna
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain
- Catalonian Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in Catalonia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ariadna
- Comments and insights on the name Ariadna
Spanish and Eastern European form of Ariadne.
Adriana and Ariadna are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Ariadna
- Nicknames for Ariadna
- Meanings and history of the name Ariadna
- Famous real-life people named Ariadna
Ariadna Gil, Spanish actress
Ariadna Thalia Sodi Miranda, better known as the singer Thalia
- Ariadna in song, story & screen