Ariagne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ariadne:
Derived from the elements ari (very, much) and adnos (holy). Ariadne (very holy one, devout), is a name borne in Greek mythology by King Minos' daughter, who gave a thread to Theseus, which enabled him to escape from the labyrinth.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ariagne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ariagne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ariagne
- Comments and insights on the name Ariagne
- Personal experiences with the name Ariagne
- Nicknames for Ariagne
- Meanings and history of the name Ariagne
Greek, "most holy" or "purest." From Hagne or Agne, "holy" or "pure," which was a title used for Aphrodite on Delos and also for Persephone, the queen of the underworld. The name "Ariadne" derives from this name.
- Famous real-life people named Ariagne
- Ariagne in song, story & screen