Azucena Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Azucena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Azucena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Azucena
- Comments and insights on the name Azucena
The lily is known by both "lirio" and "azucena" in Spanish.
It could also be related to the Spanish word "azucar" meaning "sugar".
The English name for the flower they call the Azucena in the Dominican Republic is the Tuberose.
PRONOUNCED: a-thoo-THE-na (European Spanish), a-soo-SE-na (Latin American Spanish)
- Personal experiences with the name Azucena
- Nicknames for Azucena
Susi, Susie, Cena
- Meanings and history of the name Azucena
Means "madonna lily" in Spanish.
- Famous real-life people named Azucena
Azucena Maizani, Argentine tango singer and songwriter.
Azucena Villaflor, Argentine social activist
- Azucena in song, story & screen