Bea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Beatrice:
Derived from the Latin beatrix (she who makes happy, she who brings happiness), which is from beātus (happy, blessed).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bea
- Comments and insights on the name Bea
- Personal experiences with the name Bea
- Nicknames for Bea
- Meanings and history of the name Bea
- Famous real-life people named Bea
Bea Miller, American singer
- Bea in song, story & screen
Beatrice "Bea" Arthur
Bea is a fish on the Disney Show "Fish Hooks"