Blaise Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Blaise:
Borrowed from the French, Blaise is of uncertain etymology. Some believe it is derived from the Latin Blaesus, which is from blaesus (deformed, stuttering). Var: Blaize, Blayze, Blaze.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Blaise? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Blaise
Contribute your knowledge to the name Blaise
- Comments and insights on the name Blaise
- Personal experiences with the name Blaise
- Nicknames for Blaise
Bee, Blay/Blai, Lazy-Blaisey,
- Meanings and history of the name Blaise
- Famous real-life people named Blaise
Blaise Lantana - Jazz Director / Announcer
- Blaise in song, story & screen
Blaise Harman, a witch from the Night World series books by L.J. Smith.