Camila Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Camila:
Derived from the Latin camilla (virgin of unblemished character). Var:Camilla, Camille, Kamilla, Kamille. Short: Cami, Camie, Kam, Kamie. Pet: Millie, Milly.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Camila? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Camila
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile 2010
- Mexican Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Mexico 2013
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Chilean Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Chile
- Puerto Rican Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Puerto Rico
Contribute your knowledge to the name Camila
- Comments and insights on the name Camila
- Personal experiences with the name Camila
- Nicknames for Camila
Cammie, Cami, Mila, Camz, Camzi
- Meanings and history of the name Camila
Of Latin origin, means attendant or alter server
Other spellings/variations: Camilla, Camilah, Kamila, Kamilah, Khamilah, Kamilla
The Arabic form "Kamilah" (كاملة) means perfect
- Famous real-life people named Camila
Camila Bordonaba - Argentine actress
Camila Alves - model
Camila Belle - Actress
Camila Cabello - Ex Fifth Harmony singer
Camila Queiroz - brazilian model and actress
Camila Mendes - American Actress
Camila Cuevas - animator
- Camila in song, story & screen
Camila Cabello’s Debut Album is Coming Out January 12th 2018 !!