Carlotta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carla:
A feminine form of Carl and Charles, both of which are derived from the Old English ceorl (man, freeman, peasant). Var: Karla. Pet: Carley, Carli, Carly, Karley, Karli, Karly.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carlotta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carlotta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carlotta
- Comments and insights on the name Carlotta
- Personal experiences with the name Carlotta
- Nicknames for Carlotta
Car, Cari, Carl, Carlz/Carls, Carly, Lotta, Lotty/Lottie, Carla
- Meanings and history of the name Carlotta
- Famous real-life people named Carlotta
- Carlotta in song, story & screen
A maid from "The Little Mermaid"
Carlotta, a character in from one of Enid Blyton's novels
Carlotta Valdes, a character in Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo"
(la) Carlotta, the former lead soprano in Phantom of the Opera