Carly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carly:
A feminine form of Carl and Charles, both of which are derived from the Old English ceorl (man, freeman, peasant). Var: Karla. Pet: Carley, Carli, Carly, Karley, Karli, Karly.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carly? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carly
- Comments and insights on the name Carly
- Personal experiences with the name Carly
- Nicknames for Carly
- Meanings and history of the name Carly
- Famous real-life people named Carly
Carly Rae Jepsen - pop singer
Carly Simon - Famous Singer
Carly Incontro - Youtube personnel
Carly Rose Sonenclar - Pop singer
- Carly in song, story & screen