Catharine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catharine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catharine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catharine
- Comments and insights on the name Catharine
- Personal experiences with the name Catharine
- Nicknames for Catharine
- Meanings and history of the name Catharine
- Famous real-life people named Catharine
- Catharine in song, story & screen