Celia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Celia:
Derived from the Latin Caelia, a feminine form of the old Roman family name Caelius, which is believed to be a derivative of the Latin caelum (heaven). Celia is also used as a short form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Celia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Celia
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- French Girls Names: Most Popular Girls Names in France 2014
- Belgian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Belgium, 2008
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Celia
- Comments and insights on the name Celia
- Personal experiences with the name Celia
- Nicknames for Celia
Cee / C
- Meanings and history of the name Celia
Blind (St. Cecil)
- Famous real-life people named Celia
Celia Ammerman, American model
Celia Cruz, Cuban salsa singer
Celia Hammond, former 60's supermodel and current animal-rights activist
Ana Celia de Armas, Cuban actress
- Celia in song, story & screen
Celia, a heroine in Shakespeare's comedy 'As You Like It'
Celia, a contestant on the TV show America's Next Top Model
Celia Solis, a (child) character on the TV Series 'Desperate Housewives'.
Celia, in the 'Mandie' children's book series
Celia, sweet, quiet, shy character from Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Celia Bowen, a main character from the novel "The Night Circus."