Cheyanne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cheyenne:
Derived from the Dakota Indian shaiyena which is from shaia (to speak unintelligibly). The name is that of a tribe of Algonquian Indians, as well as a river and city name. Var: Shaienne, Shai’enne.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cheyanne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cheyanne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cheyanne
- Comments and insights on the name Cheyanne
- Personal experiences with the name Cheyanne
- Nicknames for Cheyanne
3 year old neice calls her Aunt Chey.
She is also called Chey Chey.
- Meanings and history of the name Cheyanne
- Famous real-life people named Cheyanne
- Cheyanne in song, story & screen
There is a country song about Cheyanne.