Cori Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Corey:
Borrowed from the Irish, Corey is a name of more than one derivation. It is the transferred use of the surname derived from the Gaelic coire (a cauldron, a seething pool, a hollow): hence, “dweller in or near a hollow.” Alternatively, it is an Anglicized form of the var-ious surnames derived from corra (a spear). Var: Cori, Corie, Correy, Corry, Cory, Korey, Kory.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cori? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cori
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cori
- Comments and insights on the name Cori
- Personal experiences with the name Cori
- Nicknames for Cori
- Meanings and history of the name Cori
- Famous real-life people named Cori
- Cori in song, story & screen